What is a flat pouch?
A flat pouch is a plastic pouch that is usually made of polypropylene or polyethylene. It has no base, so the packaging solution cannot stand erect. The sides and bottom are sealed lengthways.
The flat pouch is used in various areas, whether in the private or professional environment. The flat pouch is available in a wide variety of sizes, shapes and strengths, but also in different materials. The flat pouches made of PP are tear-resistant and low weight, making them ideal for packing and storing products.
The flat pouch is particularly suitable for food products, as well as non-food products.
Depending on its contents, the flat pouch can be used open or can be sealed or welded at its opening once it has been filled with is contents – if the contents are liquid, for example.
Possible uses for flat pouches
Flat pouches can be used for a variety of different things. For one thing, they are used for applications in industry, trade, horticulture, handicrafts, warehousing, shipping and transport, as well as for storage or as a packaging material.
There are possible areas of application in the following industries:
- Food industry: sweets, vegetables, popcorn, herbs, baked goods
- Cosmetics industry: face masks, masks in general, creams, product samples
- Pharmaceutical industry: medical products/devices
- Industrial products: screws, plastic parts, spare parts, cards
- Textile industry: t-shirts, jumpers, underwear, bed linen
As already mentioned at the start, our flat pouches are available in different sizes, shapes and materials. All packaging solutions are available in 100% customisable formats – Labelprint24 has made that one of its characteristics. So whether you want a pouch in a landscape or portrait format, from small to XXL, Labelprint24 will manufacture your flat pouches and other packaging solutions, such as folding boxes or corrugated cardboard packaging, right in line with your wishes.
Discover all our products now!
Or are you looking for custom sizes? No problem! Order 100% customisable formats from us.
Calculate your flat pouches now!
What types of flat pouch are there?
Flat pouches are available in an incredible variety of versions and designs. The type of material depends on the application. Does the pouch have to be reusable or is it only to be used once? Will food or non-food products be packed in the flat pouch? We offer you the following versions of the flat pouch:
- Food-safe flat pouches,
- with or without a zipper, and each
- with or without a notch for tearing open
- with or without a round hole
- with or without a Euro hole
- or all sides welded
What material properties do flat pouches have?
Our plastic flat pouches are available in white, metallic and transparent versions.
We offer the following materials in our calculator, with a high or maximum barrier:
- White film – PET/PE-EVOH-PE | multi-layered
- Transparent film – PET/PE-EVOH-PE | multi-layered
- Metallised film – PET/PE | multi-layered
- White film – PET/ALU/PE | multi-layered
We also offer flat pouches made of Kraft paper in various colours such as silver, brown or black. Our range also includes standard white cardboard, brilliant white cardboard, thicker cardboard or recycled cardboard (uncoated cardboard). Our flat pouches can, of course, be custom-printed and finished according to your wishes. Whether your company logo, promotional prints or standard prints such as warning notices, the recycling logo, and many more – all of these things are no problem. The flat pouches can also be provided with a viewing window in order to present the product intelligently at the POS (point of sale) and thus attract more attention from the potential buyer. Just give our support team a call. We'll be happy to help you!
Calculate your flat pouches now!
All the advantages of the flat pouch again at a glance:
- High barrier properties
- Suitable for vacuum packaging
- Wide range of sizes, types and options
- High material savings compared to other packaging solutions
- Can be custom-printed as there is a large area available for information.
- Flat pouches can be provided with a viewing window
- Flat pouches made of PP and PE are environmentally friendly
PP and PE flat pouches and the environment
Plastics such as PP (polypropylene) and PE (polyethylene) are first washed, after being sorted, in order to remove foreign matter. The material is then processed further. The film can thus be recycled without any further problems. This is not only efficient, but can also save around 60 percent on energy compared to new production. If it so happens that the pouches can no longer be used, they are incinerated. There are no toxic emissions, i.e., they burn down without leaving any residues. Storage in landfills is also not a problem, as they are groundwater-neutral.
Range of services
As a manufacturer of folding boxes, our services range from consultation, development, and production to packaging and delivery.
Special advantages when using Labelprint24:
- 100% freely calculable format
- Can be ordered from just 10 units
- Sample proofs are available on request at any time
- Can be calculated online with an instant price
- Fast delivery times and free shipping
We deliver your custom flat pouches as a best-price product after 15 working days. In addition, we offer our customers the express production service in just 10 working days.