What is the difference between scale colours (CMYK 4-colour) and Pantone/HKS (spot colours)?
Scale colours are created from the four basic colours (cyan, magenta, yellow, black). Special colours are colours that are outside the colour gamut of four- or multicolour printing.
Questions under Colours
- Can you also print RGB data?
- Can you print HKS and Pantone colours?
- What does HKS and Pantone mean?
- How do I create a special colour?
- How does printing with the spot colour gold work?
- Should I use colour profiles?
- Why do the colours look different on my print product than on the screen?
- What can I do if 4 colours are not enough for me or I want a colourful print product?