1. What are counter displays?
Counter displays (also called POS boxes) are generally smaller in size, but are designed to catch the attention of customers queuing at the POS. Counter sales boxes are particularly effective when they are set up as advertising space in the checkout area. Placed in the "first row" at the point of sale, they attract attention and encourage spontaneous purchases.
2. Counter display structure
The display is a semi-open packaging with either an insert or auto bottom. The auto bottom is glued and is particularly dimensionally stable. Speedy setup is guaranteed. The reverse tuck end, though, is also dimensionally stable even without gluing and can be set up just as quickly and easily by simply inserting the tabs into each other. The counter display also contains a vertical display panel which can also be folded down to serve as a packaging lid.
3. Possible applications of counter displays
Since about 80% of purchase decisions are made at the point of sale, certain goods need a stage to be noticed by customers. Counter displays set the stage for your goods perfectly.
3.1 Functions of counter displays
Counter displays serve a marketing function if used to promote brands or build customer loyalty. Packaging for optimal product presentation makes an emotional appeal to drive consumer purchasing decisions.
Counter displays not only present advertising messages, but also the products themselves. With enough space available, information about the brand or manufacturer, slogan, price, product name, etc. can be printed.
3.2 Typical applications for counter displays
Developed as small goods carriers for the sales counter, they are usually equipped with small quantities of goods or small-format packaging. Counter displays are commonly used in shops selling cosmetics, confectionery, jewellery, or at pharmacies or even opticians. Counter displays with a rear wall are mainly used to present products.
Counter displays come in different sizes, finishes, and types of carton depending on the intended application.
4. Print and finish counter displays
High-quality printing matched to the carton is extremely important for every folding box. This is especially true for counter displays. Our counter displays are printed using digital offset printing. The advantages of this technology compared to conventional offset printing are:
- immediate drying which enables seamless further processing
- affordable small and medium-sized production runs
- personalised print jobs possible
- high print quality similar to offset
- no lead times, because no printing form is required
- use of different printing substrates (paper, plastic films, self-adhesive material) without retooling or special inks
In addition to printing, a finish tailored to the purpose also plays an important role in the production of counter displays. As a professional folding box manufacturer, we can offer you a variety of finishes, some of which can ordered directly using the online calculator.
Finishes can be selected directly in the online calculator:
- Dispersion coating (matte/glossy)
- Protective laminate (matte/glossy)
- Form punching
- Warning triangles for people with visual impairments
Further optional refinements for counter displays include:
- blind embossing
- cellophane wrapping or lamination
- hot foil stamping (gloss and matte effects; gold/ silver)
- punching and grooving
- UV coating (high-gloss, full-surface, digital)
5. Range of services
As a manufacturer of counter displays, our services range from consultation, development, and production to packaging and delivery.
Special advantages with labelprint24:
- any format of your choosing
- orders accepted for as few as 10 pieces
- sample runs on request at any time
- online calculator with instant price
- fast delivery times and free shipping
We deliver your individually printed counter displays in just 7-10 business days. We can also off rush production in 5 working days and express production in just 2 working days.
labelprint24 is one of the suppliers with the largest selection of paper types and carton types with different grammages for printing counter displays.
Materials in our portfolio suitable for counter displays:
- white standard carton
- high white carton
- colour carton
- thicker carton
- recycled/organic carton