Made-to-measure corrugated cardboard sheets
We offer corrugated cardboard sheets not just in standard sizes, but also in custom sizes to meet your requirements. Our online shop lets you calculate prices for corrugated cardboard sheets in any size imaginable and order them directly in any quantity. You can also have it printed however you like. Our made-to-measure corrugated cardboard sheets are not only inexpensive to manufacture, they are 100% recyclable and therefore environmentally friendly. Two birds with one stone: make a valuable contribution to environmental protection while using the highest-quality corrugated cardboard sheets available.
What speaks for our corrugated cardboard sheets?
- saves storage space and easy to handle
- ideal for stacking and separating goods within a carton or on pallets
- use as outer cover to protect goods from damage
- economical and reusable
- individual sizes can be calculated online
- resistance to humidity and temperature fluctuations due to high carton quality
- inexpensive to manufacture
- 100% recyclable
From raw material to corrugated cardboard
Corrugated cardboard is a pulp product that is used extensively in the packaging industry. The corrugated cardboard is very lightweight and stable in relation to its weight. It is the most widely used packaging material in the world and is often used for transport packaging. Cardboard consists of 100% renewable raw materials and is therefore a real boon for the environment. Glue and base papers are used to produce corrugated cardboard. Corrugated cardboard packaging is environmentally friendly and sustainable since it can be 100% recycled after use.
Corrugated cardboard sheets are ideal for separating or stacking goods within a carton or on pallets. In addition, corrugated cardboard sheets can also be used as outer covers for goods to protect them from damage caused by impact or friction.
The corrugated cardboard base paper is used as the basic raw material for the production of corrugated cardboard. The corrugated base paper consists largely of recycled paper with a certain proportion of virgin fibres and starch glue. The first step in the production of corrugated cardboard is to first heat the paper and moisten it with steam. The paper is passed under pressure and heat between two cogwheel-like corrugating rollers that mesh with each other, creating the corrugations. The corrugations are then coated with starch glue. Finally, two smooth pieces of paper are glued onto the tops of each corrugation using press rollers. After drying, the finished corrugated cardboard is cut to size.
What are the differences between kraft liner and test liner corrugated base papers?
Kraft liner papers are made from coniferous woods and consist of at least 80% fresh fibres. Kraft liner papers are strong and stable corrugated base papers.
Test liner papers are made from 100% recovered paper. This tends to make them a slightly lower quality than the kraft liner papers made from virgin wood.
Overview of corrugated cardboard types
Various types of corrugated cardboard are used in the industry:
- Single-faced corrugated cardboard: has just one smooth side; the other side has exposed corrugation
- Single wall corrugated cardboard: e.g. B flute (fine flute)
- Double flute corrugated cardboard: e.g. BC flute (fine and medium flute).
- Multi-flute corrugated cardboard: e.g. 3 or more flutes. This is used for heavy cargo.
The different types of corrugated cardboard are combined based on paper grade, grammage, and flute heights.
- F flute: flute height from 0.6 to 0.9 mm
- E flute: flute height from 1.0 to 1.8 mm
- T flute: flute height of 1.7 mm
- B flute: flute height from 2.2 to 3.0 mm
- C flute: flute height from 3.1 to 3.9 mm
- A flute: flute height from 4.0 to 5.0 mm
- FE flute: flute height from 1.6 to 2.7 mm
- EE flute: flute height from 2.7 to 3.2 mm
- BE flute/EB flute: flute height from 3.2 to 4.8 mm
- BC flute: flute height from 5.3 to 6.9 mm
- CAA flute: flute height from 11.1 to 13.9 mm
Which corrugated cardboard is suitable for my needs?
Your packaging requirements will determine which corrugated cardboard to select.
Boxes made with single-flute corrugated cardboard are suitable for the secure dispatch, transport, and storage of documents, computers, monitors, printers, or CDs. The corrugated blanks are perfect for separating the contents within a box and protecting them from damage.
Double-flute corrugated board boxes, suitable for weights up to 40 kg, are particularly used for packaging, protecting, and shipping heavy, fragile or loose products, as they offer double protection and are extremely stable due to their double-flute design. Here, too, corrugated cardboard blanks can also be used to separate the contents inside the box and protect them from damage caused by impact or friction.