Linked table of contents - open
1. Using sheet labels
Sheet labels and stickers are used in all sorts of applications, especially where only small quantities of adhesive labels are required and where labelling requirements specific to an industry, such as those for food products, do not apply. Sheet labels are used in all areas of society: at home, in offices, in industry, and in schools and universities. Sheet labels are even used on art and collectibles, as lifestyle stickers, and as cost-effective advertising for events, political parties, and other promotional uses.
Sheet labels have as many uses as they have places to be used. They are used as address and shipping labels for parcel and postal deliveries, as file labels in home or government offices, as catch-all labels for all sorts of household uses, or as CD or DVD labels.
But what makes sheet labels so popular?
It's simple: sheet labels are easy to transport, easy to print with any inexpensive laser or inkjet printer, and can be easily removed from the backing and applied to any surface without having to invest in a label dispenser.
Many sheet labels and stickers are purchased as blanks and are only printed as needed. Stickers are inexpensive to order from sticker shops and come partially printed with motifs or logos or fully printed.
1.1 Free forms
- Free-form label sheets allow stickers of any size or shape to be printed on the A4 sheet. The outlines of complicated contours and designs can be cut with precision using a laser punch. Even several completely different labels can be placed on a single DIN A4 sheet. Digital printing technology and modern laser punching make printing fee-form labels affordable even for short print runs, now that the need to make a mechanical die has been completely eliminated.
1.2 Special shapes
- Sheets with pre-punched labels in special shapes offer more than the usual rectangles or squares. They can be round or oval, for example, or be the shape of an official seal, a Christmas tree, or a star. These special shapes can then be repeated several times on a single sheet as required.
2. Digital or conventional printing
labelprint24 prints its sheet labels digitally. After printing, a laser punch punches the individual labels from the adhesive backing, giving them their final shape. This form determines how many stickers or labels can fit on a sheet.
Digital printing offers a number of advantages when printing labels and stickers:
- It is uncomplicated, quick, and produces excellent printing results.
- Good value for the money, especially for small and medium runs of stickers
- The label sheets can be personalised sheet-by-sheet, label-by-label with variable data.
- Since no die is needed for the laser punch, the costs for conventional punching are completely eliminated.
- After all, not all labels have to be rectangular or square. Our modern laser cutting technology also allows round, oval, or completely free-form shapes to be punched, even on the same label sheet.
The conventional printing of sheet labels makes sense for very large quantities of labels with motifs that do not change and which do not require different personalisation options.
3. Sheet label materials
3.1 Sheet labels made of label paper
- Sheet labels printed on paper have a special surface that supports the adhesion of laser printer toner. To guarantee that the A4 sheets remain flat and survive the printing process intact, labelprint24 prints its label sheets on high-quality kraftliner.
- Kraftliner is a stable, strong paper with a high percentage of mint paper fibres and only a small proportion of recycled materials. Kraftliner is also used as the top layer for corrugated or solid carton. DIN A4 labels with kraftliner adhesive backing have a high tensile strength and a good, but also time-limited resistance to moisture and other environmental influences.
3.2 DIN A4 sheet labels and stickers
- While most people buy DIN A4 sheet labels out of sheer convenience and their uniform formats, stickers are purchased because they speak to the buyer an emotional level. Sticker sheets can be cut to any size desired by the customer. Stickers, temporary tattoos, and decorative labels often feature striking and sophisticated designs. Whether in the nursery, the school yard, or scrapbook, kids especially like stickers and will collect and trade series that have pictures of their idols. But older generations also love collecting stickers and cartoon stickers often find their way into many an adult's scrapbook.
3.3 Sheet labels for laser printers
- Sheet labels designed specifically for laser printers and copiers feature a paper surface with a special line to guarantee a perfect print by optimally anchoring the toner. The flatness is not affected by the laser printing, but can be by water-based inks such as those used in inkjet printing.
4. Processing and finishing
Labels on DIN A4 sheets can be processed using the same processing technologies as roll labels. We can lacquer, laminate, or add plastic film as required. Especially stickers and decals which require special attention to the visual design often require extensive finishes. Laminations of the label surface enhance the resistance to moisture and UV.